It takes time to get well and you must work on yourself.
Suppose you have inherited an old house full of rubbish and in need of repair. It takes a lot of purposeful work to make it a beautiful, functional home, but it can be done if you work hard. It is, maybe, not so important which room in the building you start with, but it is important to start somewhere, otherwise nothing will happen. Important problems to attack if you have an eating disorder:
- Switch to a diet containing wholesome food which does not lure you into overeating. More
- The food should also be based on ingredients with a low glycemic index. More
- Learn to recognize your feelings of physical hunger and satisfaction. Eat only in response to physical hunger and stop when you are satisfied. More
- Learn to recognize true feelings and solve problems. Don't flee from unpleasant feelings by means of starvation, vomiting or compulsive eating. Accept and allow yourself to feel unpleasant feelings.
- Consider the whole of your life: studies, work, friends, spare time, family, home, etc. Where can you make improvements?
- Try to think in a constructive way so that you don't make unnecessary difficulties for yourself.
- Some medicines can make this process easier for some people. They do not cure your eating problems, just make it a little easier to get well. These medicines are: